WhatsApp is a popular text messaging application. It can be used on smartphones and the web. Moreover, Meta has introduced a variation named WhatsApp Business. It is meant for businesses who want to do marketing on WhatsApp. It has some unique features for business users. These features are not available on a personal WhatsApp account. Now, let’s discuss how a business account can benefit your business.
Features Of WhatsApp Business
1. Business Profile
In the first place, you can create your Business Profile on WhatsApp. This makes it easy to connect with your customers. Having a profile makes people trust your business. In addition, WhatsApp users can view your business name and logo. They can see your business description, address, and working hours. Furthermore, you can share your business email id and website link on your profile.
2. Automated Greetings
Another feature worth mentioning is that you can send greetings. Now, you can send automated custom greetings to users.
3. Away Messages
In addition, a business account allows you to send ‘away’ messages. Just to let you know, the message is sent if someone contacts you outside working hours. It helps your customers know that you are unavailable. You can set the away message on an Android Phone. People who use an iPhone can also set the automated message.
4. Quick Replies
Next, WhatsApp Business helps you create and send quick replies. You can send quick responses to messages of users with a shortcut. For this, you need to create a shortcut for frequent replies. After that, you have to save these replies. WhatsApp allows you to save a maximum of fifty answers.
They help you organize the messages you send and receive from your contacts. Moreover, labels make it easy to locate a specific message. Similarly, you can create labels with different names and colours. You can save a particular message or the entire chat in a label.
The WhatsApp Business allows you to make a catalogue. This feature is helpful for businesses that sell a product or service. Another critical point is that your customers can view your catalogue on WhatsApp. It helps in creating a mobile storefront. What’s more, you can add collections of products to the catalogue. You can add the entire catalogue or some specific products.
Benefits Of WhatsApp Business
It is easy to do marketing and advertising on a business account. Most importantly, it helps in developing a relationship with customers. Let’s know the benefits of using WhatsApp for promoting your business.
- Using WhatsApp helps you do marketing and advertising at a low cost. It is costly to do marketing on other platforms. However, it costs you less on WhatsApp.
- You can increase your reach among customers all over the world on WhatsApp. Nowadays, the messaging app has become very popular. The majority of people use it. This helps you connect with people easily. You can connect to customers in remote locations and foreign countries. In addition, it enables you to do marketing anytime, anywhere. There is no restriction on time or place on WhatsApp.
- Setting up an account on WhatsApp for marketing is very easy. You don’t need any particular skill or technical knowledge for it. As a result, it is easy to communicate with customers on chat.
- WhatsApp keeps your messages private. Consequently, it is safe to use the chat and share business information. Moreover, WhatsApp offers you the benefit of personalization. You can personalize the messages you send to your customers or contacts.
- Furthermore, a business account helps you get insights into customer engagement. The senses tell you about messages that were read and received. Statistics help you make better decisions and take appropriate action.
- In addition, you can send messages to customers in multiple formats on WhatsApp. Apart from text messages, you can send images and videos. It is easy to share links and attachments on the chat. In addition, business owners can send lists and CTAs on the app.
Difference Between WhatsApp And WhatsApp Business
The personal WhatsApp you use differs from a business account. Let’s understand how regular WhatsApp differs from a business account.
- Chat messages on WhatsApp are encrypted. So, your messages to customers or contacts are private and safe. There is no way WhatsApp knows about your messages. So, your chats, calls, attachments, and location are protected. WhatsApp doesn’t track them. On the contrary, WhatsApp Business can track your information. It helps the app offer a better user experience.
- The WhatsApp business has an option for labelling messages. Not to mention, it plays a vital role in organizing your chat. You can colour code the conversation in different colours. However, the regular WhatsApp app doesn’t have this feature. You cannot label messages on WhatsApp. But you can use labels on the business account.
- You can share limited information on regular WhatsApp. The business account offers more features. If you use WhatsApp, you can only show the name and about section. It helps you add your contact number and profile photo. On the other hand, a business account is different. It lets you show your business details, like the name and logo. It helps users view your catalogues, website URLs, and working hours. This is not possible in the personal WhatsApp account.
- A business account helps you send automated messages and quick replies. On the contrary, the regular WhatsApp account does not allow this. You can send ‘away’ messages on the business account. Just to let you know, the message is sent if someone contacts you outside your office hours. In addition, you can send greeting messages to your customers. You can’t send automated messages to WhatsApp’s regular account.
WhatsApp Business API And Its Capabilities For Larger Businesses
WhatsApp Business API is an advanced tool. It helps you in connecting with customers in a better way. Notably, it is better than a regular WhatsApp or business account. The API is beneficial for large-scale businesses. It helps you in connecting with a vast number of people.
Additionally, it has features of automatic replies and chatbots. Business owners can send interactive messages. Your team members can access the account on their phones. It is easy to sync your contacts with a CRM tool.
Furthermore, you are allowed 1,00,000 broadcasts daily. The broadcasts can be sent to users who need to save their numbers. Also, there is an option for integration. The API has features of verified green ticks and clickable messages.
How To Leverage WhatsApp Business For Customer Engagement
- If you still use a personal WhatsApp account, switch to WhatsApp Business. Create a business account with a verified profile. Add your address, phone number, website, and office hours. If you sell a product or service, you can add a catalogue. Add details of your social media pages to the business account.
- Pay attention to providing the best customer service to buyers. Equally important is to send notifications and updates. Don’t wait for people to contact you through text messages. Take the initiative to connect with customers. In like manner, send them essential announcements and updates. Send greetings, replies, and payment updates to your customers. Also, feel free to send reminders and order status details. It also helps in sending confirmation of hotel bookings and purchases.
- Set up messages and replies to be sent automatically. It helps avoid sending manual messages. First, open a WhatsApp Business API account. Next, set up replies to frequently asked questions. Replies can be set up for common queries of customers. Automated messages can be sent for order confirmations. You can send bulk notifications.
- Please make sure to personalize your messages. Businesses can get data from their customers through the business account WhatsApp. After that, personalize the messages you send on chat. It helps develop a better relationship with buyers. For example, consider addressing users by their names. It is better than using a general salutation or greeting. Furthermore, you can send messages about new products to customers.
Best Practices For WhatsApp Business Usage
- To begin with, you need to make a professional business account. Use the same profile photo for WhatsApp and other social media accounts. Most importantly, give details about your business in your profile. Use WhatsApp to connect with customers and make your brand popular.
- The business account option on WhatsApp is meant for business communication. It is not meant for casual messages. With this in mind, avoid sending messages with a conversational tone. Be formal and professional while sending messages to connections.
- Message wisely on the messaging app. By all means, get consent from customers before you start sending them messages. Take care of their privacy. Also, avoid being forceful and pushy, as it can irritate others. Send up to six messages per week, maximum. Only send a few messages. In this case, the customer can block or unsubscribe you.
- Include images and videos in the messages you send. It is more effective than sending only text-based messages. Simply, you get more sales if your ads and messages are creative. It helps in getting the customers to notice you. In addition, you can use infographics and interactive buttons.
- Provide prompt and quick responses to requests and queries of customers on chat. Put another way, reply instantly if someone contacts you. Help customers if they have a complaint regarding your product. That said, you must show genuine concern for your customer’s problems. Focus on customer satisfaction and the best customer support.
How To Integrate CRM With WhatsApp Business
You can integrate the chat with CRM or customer relationship management. For this, you have to use a WhatsApp Business API account. After that, you need to connect it to your CRM system. This helps in getting messages and updates from CRM to WhatsApp chat. However, you need to get the customer’s consent first.
How To Integrate A Chatbot With Your Chat
- Make an account on WhatsApp Business API first.
- After that, you can integrate a chatbot into your chat.
- You must accept the API limitations and comply with WhatsApp policies.
- Register your business with a unique phone number.
- After that, open an API account from a WhatsApp business solution provider.
- Open a Facebook manager account. Once you do this, you have to verify this account.
- Send a request for WhatsApp API access.
- Get a chatbot from a WhatsApp chatbot company and start using it.
We hope that you have some ideas about it. The blog explained the features and benefits of a business account. Next, we presented the Whatsapp Business API. Business owners must leverage a business account to market their products. We encourage businesses to leverage a business account to supercharge their customer interactions. Use the particular variation of Whatsapp and build strong customer relationships.